Monday, December 5, 2011

Remarriage

On Friday, we discussed how choosing a mate affects children. I think it is really important to consider the feelings of children when you are making such a life-changing decision. Also, during the dating processing, I think it is essential to consider how it is making the child feel. Personally, I don't think you should bring the boyfriend around until you are well into the relationship and you are sure they will stick around for the long hall.
I remember when I was a child my aunt would have boyfriend after boyfriend. She would bring him to family gatherings and if she would be asked to babysit us, then she would plan a fun event for us with her boyfriend at the time. I remember getting pretty attached to some of the guys she let us meet. I still remember them to this day, which is pretty surprising because it was probably around 10 years ago that they came around.
I can only imagine how kids feel when that's their mother bringing her boyfriends home. One day they are there and the next day you won't see them ever again. It's really selfish to only to be thinking of yourself in this situation. It should be your priority and your obligation to consider how your actions affect your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment